Friday, April 20, 2012

BHOLDR Mockup

Quick little update, I was fond of this mockup I just did, so I decided I should post it. Click on it for full, animated size.


The room houses a neurotic Artificial Intelligence named BHOLDR, and his little pet.

This room serves as the shop in the game, the AI sells you the junk his pet scavenges from the Dead City. In typical Metroidvania fashion though, it is possible to beat the game without ever finding him.


Once I get the assets in-game, I'll have to take advantage of some particle effects, maybe add some dripping water and steam; should look pretty nice.

Update-wise, we inch closer and closer to a workable prototype. We've completed a great deal of the movement-based code, which is, for obvious reason, the bread and butter of a platform game. I've even gotten my little idle animations in there too, which is nice.

-Alex

2 comments:

  1. I've also thought it would be cool to have a room-sized computer that's a boss or ally. Maybe you could use it to solve or bypass certain areas? I also like the art style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, so far he's entirely optional, but he's got a few items for sale that unlock certain areas, definitely needed for the best ending.

    ReplyDelete